Find Boiler Engineers in Manchester

Gas is widely used across the UK for heating homes, heating water and cooking food. In the wrong hands it can be dangerous, so the law requires that all gas engineers in the UK, Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey are on the Gas Safe Register. We hold the official list of all registered gas businesses and issue engineers with licences to show they can work safely and legally on boilers, cookers, gas fires and all other gas appliances. 

If you need to find a gas engineer for repairs or servicing in the Manchester, or Greater Manchester area, make sure you choose a Gas Safe registered engineer. You can find Gas Safe engineers across Manchester, including Trafford Park, Salford, Stretford, Failsworth, Droylsden, Prestwich, Pendlebury, Eccles or Cheetham Hill using the link below. 


Find a Gas Safe registered business in Manchester


Common boiler problems

Experiencing problems with your gas boiler? These can occur for various reasons, but they tend to be more noticeable during the colder months when your boiler is in much higher demand. Because of this, it's important to get your annual service and gas safety checks completed before the winter cold hits. 

However, if your boiler has broken down or is experiencing issues we’d always advise that find and contact a local Gas Safe registered engineer who can check your appliance and take the best course of action ensuring it's repaired safely.

Some gas problems can be more serious and require urgent action. If you can smell gas or you’ve been feeling unwell and experiencing headaches, nausea or dizziness, here’s what to do in a gas emergency


Ask to see your engineer's ID card

When your engineer visits, you’ll want to ask to see their Gas Safe ID card which confirms they’re appropriately qualified to safely carry out the work in question.

For more information on specific qualifications, please refer to our guide to the back of Gas Safe ID card. If you suspect a gas fitter is working illegally you can report them using our online form or contact us on 0800 408 5500.


After your gas engineer’s visit

If you have concerns about the gas work undertaken please contact Gas Safe Register technical team via phone on 0800 408 5500. If you have any immediate gas safety concerns such as being able to smell gas or suspect CO, check our what to do in an emergency guidance and call the gas emergency service on 0800 111 999

In England and Wales, whenever any new heat-producing appliance is fitted, an engineer needs to comply with the Building Regulations and let the local authority know within 30 days, so a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate can be issued. If you’re a homeowner then it’s also up to you to make sure your engineer does this. Here’s how to check this or order a replacement certificate.