We use cookies to give you the best experience and to help improve our website.
Find out more about how we use cookies

Complaints and reporting illegal gas workers

Due to current circumstances regarding the COVID-19 virus, we are currently operating a limited service and response times are longer than normal.

All of our services and latest information are available on our website using the main navigation or found on our dedicated COVID-19 FAQ page. If you can’t find the information you need, the fastest way to get hold of us is to email us at register@GasSafeRegister.co.uk. For consumers who are unable to use our website, the Gas Safety Advice line is available 9am-5pm on 0800 300 363 where we will aim to respond to you as soon as we are able.

Report an illegal gas worker

If anyone is doing gas work in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man or Guernsey and they are not Gas Safe registered, they could be working illegally. Did you know:

  • Approximately two thirds of illegal gas work inspected by the Register has been found to be unsafe.

  • Using an illegal gas worker could invalidate the warranty on your boiler and may invalidate your home insurance.

  • If you have any information on businesses or individuals carrying out illegal gas work, you can report them.


Report illegal gas worker

Complaints against Gas Safe registered businesses

We are happy to investigate any gas safety complaints you may have about work carried out by a registered engineer, be it at your property or another address.


Make a complaint about a Gas Safe
registered business


It doesn’t have to be work carried out at your property for us to look into it further – although if it isn’t, it’s often helpful to us if you can provide as many details as possible including those of the homeowner/tenant so we can contact them to book an inspection if necessary.