Find Boiler Engineers in Northern Ireland

When you need someone to fix, fit or service your gas boiler (or other gas appliances), they’ll need to be Gas Safe registered – it’s the law.

Being on the Gas Safe Register proves that the engineer has passed an industry recognised accredited gas qualification and has a licence to work on gas in the UK, Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey.

If an engineer is carrying out gas work without being Gas Safe registered, they are working illegally and could put you at risk of gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.


Find a Gas Safe registered business in Northern Ireland


Common boiler problems

Experiencing problems with your gas boiler? These can occur for various reasons, but they tend to be more noticeable during the colder months when your boiler is in much higher demand. Because of this, it's important to get your annual service and gas safety checks carried out before the winter cold hits.

However, if your boiler has broken down or is experiencing issues we’d always advise to find and contact a local Gas Safe registered engineer who can check your appliance and take the best course of action, ensuring it's repaired safely.

Some gas problems can be more serious and require urgent action. If you can smell gas or you’ve been feeling unwell and experiencing headaches, nausea or dizziness, here’s what to do in a gas emergency.

Gas Emergency?

If you smell gas, want to report a gas leak or require gas emergency services, there’s a free, 24-hour National Gas Emergency Helpline you can call.

The gas emergency number you need depends on where you are in the UK and type of gas that’s involved. Visit our Gas Emergency Phone Numbers section to find out more.


Find a Gas Safe registered business in Northern Ireland

Related Help Topics


Featured Content

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide or CO poisoning is one of the major risks of an unsafe gas appliance. But what is it and how can we guard against it?