About Gas Safe Registration
Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey. To work legally on gas appliances and installations you must be on the Gas Safe Register.
Gas Safe Register deals with all aspects of the downstream gas industry covered by the following regulations:
- Great Britain: The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
- Isle of Man: The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1994 as amended and applied by the Gas Safety (Application) Order 1996
- Northern Ireland: The Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2004
- Guernsey: The Health and Safety (Gas) (Guernsey) Ordinance, 2006
- Jersey: Building Bye-Laws (Jersey) 2007
The regulations cover piped gas, including natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and Hydrogen.
The Gas Safe Register, gas registration scheme is owned by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and exists to protect the public from unsafe gas work.
By becoming a Gas Safe registered business you show your customers that you are working legally. It also shows you are competent and safe to work with gas.
Before applying to register you will need to have relevant qualifications and have evidence of your competence. Find out more about the qualifications required.