Benefits of Registration
There are many great benefits to being Gas Safe registered.
When you become Gas Safe registered you get more benefits than just proof that you’re legally qualified to carry out gas work. You become part of a network of professionals that offer support and advice and it also helps to increase the profile of your business. The benefits of being a Gas Safe engineer are many and varied, here’s how we can help you.
Raising your profile as a Gas Safe registered business
- More business enquiries: Our website receives over one million queries a year from people looking for Gas Safe registered engineers to carry out work. As soon as you become a Gas Safe registered engineer your details will be placed on our website, and people will be able to find you with ease.
- Exclusive use of the Gas Safe brand: Only Gas Safe registered engineers are able to use the Gas Safe logo on their vehicles, clothes and promotional materials. This seal of approval is recognised nationwide and has a powerful impact on the perception of your business and team. When you’re registered you’ll be able to download our marketing toolkit. It contains our logo, templates and advice on how to create your own advertising and stationery using our branding.
- Your Gas Safe Register ID Card: Your Gas Safe Register ID card is a simple way for you to identify yourself to customers. It contains information about your business and the areas of work you are qualified in. Each ID card has a unique licence card number which changes every year to ensure that Gas Safe Register and your customers can securely identify you.
Access to technical support
- Advice and support: Our team of technical experts are all experienced, qualified gas engineers. You can contact them for advice and support by calling our helpline on 08004085577. Alternatively, you can email us on email@example.com.
- Free monthly magazine: Get the latest industry news, technical advice and features in our free magazine. This also comes as a free app for iOS and Android, so you can keep up to date wherever you are.
- Access to local inspector: You will be given the details of your local Gas Safe inspector, who you can contact for advice.
- Online account management: Your account logins will allow you to access our online portal where you can manage your registration and notifications and view and download the latest Technical Bulletins, Industry Standard Updates and Safety Alerts at any time.
- Industry standards at reduced cost: You get access to over 80 key industry standards from the main standards setting bodies (IGEM, BSI and Liquid Gas UK). These cover natural gas, LPG, domestic, commercial, and industrial gas installations. This is available via optional subscription . It is an additional cost on top of your registration but entirely optional.
Work notification made simple
We’ve made notifying work under Building Regulations quick and easy. You can also notify the installation of other gas appliances that are not required under law, but which your customer has requested.
You can get more information about work notifiable under Building Regulations by visiting:
- The Communities and Local Government website for Great Britain
- The Department of Local Government and Environment for the Isle of Man
Please note, there is no legal requirement to notify under Building Regulations in Northern Ireland.
Account user guide