If they are not registered, they are working illegally and you can report them to us.
In order to raise a concern about gas work, we will usually need the following details from you:
- Your name, address and contact details
- The name, registration number and address of the business
- The engineer’s name and licence number on their ID card.
We will also require further information about the gas work carried out, if possible:
- Has the engineer been informed of the complaint?
- Has the job been completed?
- Has any remedial work been done? If so, are you satisfied with this corrective work?
- Has any additional gas work been carried out on the premises?
- Do you have any further information that could be used to support your concerns?
We will then review all the details provided and carry out an investigation, which may include a site visit to inspect the gas work undertaken. Following the inspection visit, a copy of the inspector’s report will be sent to those parties entitled to receive a copy.
For more information you can download a copy of our Consumer Policy – Our Services Explained.