Skip to main content
Use this form to submit a complaint or comment about gas work carried out by a Gas Safe registered business or engineer. We will review your comments and carry out an investigation, which may include a visit to inspect the gas work carried out. Where you provide us with your email address, we will confirm receipt of your complaint and provide an overview of the details you have submitted.

If you can smell gas please call the free 24-hour National Gas Emergency helpline on 0800 111 999
If you are having problems submitting the form please email us at
If you wish to report an illegal gas worker then you can do so here.

Substandard gas work

Business Details

What is the nature of the complaint?

Who carried out the work?

Do you know the name(s) of the engineer(s) who carried out the work?

Engineer NameLicence Card Number

Work Details

What type of work was done?

Appliance Information


Complaint Details

Property Details

Relationship to the property

Select the property address...
Select the property address...

Contact Details

Enter your contact details

Select your address...

We require at least one contact detail

I agree to Gas Safe Register's  Terms and conditions  * and Privacy Policy  *
The unique number allocated annually to each Gas Safe registered engineer, which is seven digits long and displayed on the front of the Gas Safe ID card.
This number changes every year.
The unique number allocated to a Gas Safe registered business, which is always six digits or less.
This number is displayed on the front of the Gas Safe ID card and often on the websites and marketing materials of registered businesses.
Natural Gas: Gas which is supplied into homes via an energy supplier. LPG: Liquefied Petroleum Gas, which is supplied in cylinders and often used outdoors or for caravans, cabins or boats.