Gas Safe registered businesses are entitled to many benefits, such as:
Increased promotion of your business
- Increased business profile - on average we receive over a million queries a year on the website from potential customers looking for gas engineers to carry out work – make sure your business is one of them.
- Exclusive use of the Gas Safe brand. Once you have registered, you can log in to your online account and download the Gas Safe Register marketing toolkit. This contains the Gas Safe Register logo, templates and guidance for you to produce your own stationery and advertising.
- Access to our team of experts, all experienced gas engineers, who are there to assist your decision making and provide advice – call our helpline on 0800 408 5577 or email us.
- Access to over 80 key industry Standards at a reduced cost. The range of Standards accessible through this subscription service covers natural gas, LPG, domestic, commercial and industrial gas installations (32 IGEM, 36 BSI, 16 UKLPG). Note – access to Standards is an additional cost on top of Gas Safe registration. It is a separate and entirely optional activity.
- A free monthly magazine filled with high-quality technical advice and updates. Also available as a tablet edition (iPad or Android) to help you access back issues when on the go.
- Local advice and support from a Gas Safe inspector. Gas Safe Register has a team of highly experienced inspectors, all gas engineers, to provide you with local advice and support.
- A complete online account where you can manage your registration, access Technical Bulletins, safety alerts and industry updates when it suits you.
- Quick and easy notification – you can report work that is notifiable under Building Regulations and other gas appliances where notification is not required but has been requested by your customer. A quick, cheap and easy ‘added value’ service to offer to your customers. For more information about work notifiable under the Building Regulations visit the Communities and Local Government website for Great Britain; and the Department of Local Government and Environment for the Isle of Man. Please note, there is no legal requirement to notify under Building Regulations in Northern Ireland.
All engineers also get a Gas Safe Register ID card containing information about your business and your areas of work. Your ID card has a unique licence card number which changes every year to enable the Register and your customers to identify you securely.