Gas Safe registered businesses are entitled to many benefits, such as:
Increased promotion of your business
- Increased business profile. Gas Safe Register receives almost 1 million website queries every year from potential customers looking for gas engineers to carry out work – once you become registered, they will be able to find you too.
- Exclusive use of the Gas Safe brand to add to your vehicles, advertising and workwear. Once you are registered, you can log in to your online account and download the Gas Safe Register marketing toolkit. This contains the Gas Safe Register logo, templates and guidance for you to produce your own stationery and advertising.
- Access to our team of experts, all experienced gas engineers, who are there to assist your decision making and provide advice – call our helpline on 0800 408 5577 or email us.
- Access to over 80 key industry standards at a reduced cost. The range of standards set by the main standards setting bodies (IGEM, BSI and Liquid Gas UK) is accessible through this subscription service and covers natural gas, LPG, domestic, commercial and industrial gas installations. Note – access to standards is an additional cost on top of Gas Safe registration. It is a separate and entirely optional activity.
- A free monthly magazine full of high-quality technical advice and features. Also available as a free app for iOS and Android phones and tablets so that you can stay up to date when you’re out and about.
- Advice and support from your local, highly experienced Gas Safe inspector.
- An online account, where you can manage your registration, and view and download the latest Technical Bulletins, Industry Standard Updates and Safety Alerts whenever you want to.
- Quick and easy notification. You can notify work under Building Regulations, as well as notifying the installation of other gas appliances where this is not a requirement but has been requested by your customers – it’s an easy ‘added value’ service for your customers. For more information about work notifiable under the Building Regulations visit the Communities and Local Government website for Great Britain; and the Department of Local Government and Environment for the Isle of Man. Please note, there is no legal requirement to notify under Building Regulations in Northern Ireland.
All engineers also get a Gas Safe Register ID card containing information about your business and your areas of work. Your ID card has a unique licence card number which changes every year to enable the Register and your customers to identify you securely.