make a complaint
Do you have a complaint or comment about gas work carried out
by a Gas Safe registered business or engineer?
You should first make sure that the gas engineer or business is
registered with Gas Safe Register by
using check a gas engineer. If they are
not registered you should report an illegal
To make a complaint or comment we need to know about you, and the
business or engineer, tell us;
- your full name, address, phone number and email
- the name of the business
- the registration number of the business
- the address of the business
- the engineer’s name
- the engineer’s licence number on their ID card.
We also need information about the gas work carried out, tell
- If the work was carried out at (home or work premises)
- if you have told the business or engineer about your
- if the work is complete
- if the engineer has carried out any repairs or correction
- if you are satisfied with the repairs or correction work if
they carried it out
- if another engineer has carried out work additional work on the
installation or appliances that you are complaining
- any other details that could be useful to support your
We will review your comments or complaint and carry out an
investigation, which may include a visit to inspect the gas work
carried out, if appropriate. Following the inspection visit, a copy
of our Inspector's report will be sent to those parties entitled to
receive a copy.
For more information you can download
a copy of our complaints policy.